Friday, February 10, 2012

Beauty at its Best: Katrina Kaif

Alisha Fernandes, Time n Style
What is the first thing you do every morning? Share your beauty regimen with us.

Katrina Kaif
After a shower, the first thing I do every morning is apply the Olay Natural White moisturiser with SPF. It’s important for me to have a product that has everything in it because I don’t have the patience to apply a moisturiser, wait for five minutes and then apply a sunblock. Dry skin is a problem area for me, so moisturising is of utmost importance. In addition to sun protection, another important feature to look for in a cream is whether it provides an even skin tone.


Alisha Fernandes, Time n Style
What is your definition of beauty?

Katrina Kaif
To me, beauty is being comfortable in your own skin and making them most of what you have been blessed with. It’s the ability to understand your strengths, your features, your style and what works for you. I always thought that I’d be really good at giving people makeovers because I feel like I have a good eye when it comes to identifying people’s strong features.

Alisha Fernandes, Time n Style
What, in your opinion, is a must-have beauty product?

Katrina Kaif
The best must-have product, according to me, is a good moisturising sunblock. I have a mental block about going out in the sun without a sunblock. It’s imperative to protect your skin from harmful UV rays, since you risk pigmentation, tanning and lots of other skin problems.

Alisha Fernandes, Time n Style
What fitness regimen do you follow?

Katrina Kaif
If you are trying to maintain your weight or get fit, unfortunately the only way to achieve it is to hit the gym and exercise regularly. There is no substitute for hard work. Also, I’m lucky to have a great trainer who pushes me to achieve whatever goals we set. So far, every time I’ve set a target for myself, we have been successful in achieving it. It’s important to mix things up when you’re working out, and so we do a lot of different things in the gym to break the monotony. Sometimes after shows or rehearsals, when there is a lot of dancing, it takes a toll on my joints. Pilates works excellently to align everything in the body, without exerting too much pressure on the joints.

Alisha Fernandes, Time n Style
What's your diet like?


Katrina Kaif
I don’t really follow a specific diet, but I do sensible things like staying away from fried foods and sugar. I really love fish, so my diet consists mostly of variations of fish dishes. I believe that if you restrict yourself too much, you end up overdoing it later. So, when I go out for dinner, I eat what I want and am not too strict with myself.

Alisha Fernandes, Time n Style
How do you manage to stay perfectly groomed despite long work hours?

Katrina Kaif
When it’s part of your job description, to be in the public eye, you have to make an effort to be well turned out at all times. If you work in an office, you wouldn’t go to work without a briefcase. Similarly, in this profession you have to be appropriately groomed for whatever it is that you are doing.

Alisha Fernandes, Time n Style
What is your approach to hair care?

Katrina Kaif
As with skincare, hair care too requires you to find a treatment that works for you, and most of the time, it’s different for everyone. Besides the shampoo-and-conditioner routine, I avoid exposing my hair to heat as much as possible. When you are in a hurry, you tend to blow-dry your hair using the highest setting. However, I put the hair dryer on the lowest setting during styling because styling tools completely dry out the hair and make it look lifeless.

Alisha Fernandes, Time n Style
Who is your role model when it comes to beauty?

Katrina Kaif
Penelope Cruz! But I think you have role models while you are still young, and as you mature, you learn to accept yourself the way you are.

Alisha Fernandes, Time n Style
You started out in the film industry at a fairly young age. How did you pave your way to a long-standing career in films?

Katrina Kaif
When you start out in any field, you don’t know where the journey will lead you. I started out in a casual manner, and as time elapsed, my interest grew. I learned more and became more dedicated to my work. Also, as you gain experience and grow familiar with what you’re doing, you know which way to direct your energy and it's not just misplaced hard work.

Alisha Fernandes, Time n Style
What is your personal style statement?

Katrina Kaif
If it’s for a movie, I am open to trying any kind of look, but in my personal life I like to keep it simple. I rarely wear bright colours and prefer muted tones and loose silhouttes.

Alisha Fernandes, Time n Style
On Valentine's Day…

Katrina Kaif
It’s a great day if you have someone special to spend it with, who would do nice things for you, and if not, it’s still a nice day!

News Source: http://www.indiatimes.com/

0 comments:

My Ping in TotalPing.com